EMU, in cooperation with the Korean Ministry of Education TaLK program, offer EMU students the unique opportunity to spend a semester in South Korea. Dr. Koh of EMU's College of Education will teach the preparatory classes for this program and provide online support and coursework during your stay in South Korea.
- The admitted participants ake a preparation course in teaching culturally and linguistically diverse students, prepare lesson plans, and learn about Korean culture.
- Teach English in elementary school in rural area of Korea for three hours a day in after-school program subsidized by the Korean Ministry of Education.
- Explore Korea.
- No Korean Language skill needed.
- Students must be accepted into the program.
- Must maintain program course registration for 12 UG credit hours.
- Pay a modest semester program fee.
- Must be a junior status: students must have two years of university education (a minimum of 47 credit hours).
Financial Benefits (You'll be paid!)
- Monthly Stipend (About $1,300–1,500)
- Housing (One-room studio style, furnished)
- Round-Trip Airfare
- Health Insurance including CMI
- One-time Settlement Fee
Students will be registered in SPGN 401International Teaching I (6) and SPGN 402 International Teaching II (6) for 12 credit hours for the semester. EMU financial aid is applicable to this program.
Per-capita GDP: $ 32100
Size: 99720 km2
Time Zone: (GMT + 09:00 hours) Osaka, Sapporo, Tokyo
US State Department
Travel Warning: NO
Country Specific Info.